Thursday, August 14, 2008

ciao pescado...

This afternoon I was walking home from the bus stop and a man yelled out to me from his front porch..."I'm Claude, remember me?"  He took his hat off so I could see his face better, "I was really sick, you saw me in the emergency room.  I'm all better now."  Honestly, I don't really remember him.  I vaguely remember a man named Claude, and remember thinking it wasn't a very Ecuadorian sounding name... but it was still an honor that Claude remembered me.  Probably because I'm one of the only Gringas he's ever met. 

A man came into the ER the other night.  He had gone to his girlfriend's house to ask her parents for her hand in marriage.  When he asked, the mother in law got really upset that he was taking her little girl away from her (and she had been drinking quite a bit)... she pulled out a machete and chopped his forearm.  He was asking for her hand, but he almost lost his!

I'm on call tomorrow until Saturday, then I'll leave Shell Saturday afternoon to head up north to travel for a few days...  

No comments: