Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A great gift from God!

Today I praise God for His incredible goodness!  My sweet 4 year old friend Dax received a new liver this morning and is recovering from the transplant surgery now.  I wish I could be in Memphis to see him now... and to give him and his family a big hug.  His mom has made an incredible impact on me the past few years in Memphis.  I wouldn't give up my career for many things, but if you could promise me I could be like her--with as much patience and character and vision for what is possible in the life of a child (they have 4 precious adopted kiddos!) and ability to trust the Lord and stand strong in difficult situations-- I would give it all up in a second.  I'm so grateful for what she has taught me about what is REALLY important and what God can do when we trust him and sacrifice enough to allow him to do his good work!  Please say a prayer for quick recovery for little Dax.

No comments: